- Research and contribute to scholarship on present-day contemporary art globally, with a focus on practices in Singapore, Southeast Asia and Asia.
- Develop areas of research specialisation to support institutional policies and goals on exhibition programming, collection development and publications.
- Curate exhibitions and artwork commissions, develop collaborative and cross-disciplinary projects.
- Plan and lead exhibitions and projects including conceptualisation, negotiations with external institutions and artists, and co-ordination of general exhibition matters
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the field through sharing of knowledge at conferences, talks and publications.
- Contribute to relevant strategic planning and management matters, at both department and corporate levels
- Work with other museum colleagues in presenting programmes such as lectures, talks and training sessions, as well as providing content for collaterals such as website and publicity materials.
- Build professional networks with contemporary artists, cultural communities and creative partners.
- Manage, supervise and administer projects, processes and procedures under his/her responsibility.
- Mentor and supervise junior curatorial colleagues in the planning and execution of exhibitions and programmes, as well as professional development.
- A post-graduate degree in contemporary art, art history, visual cultures or related fields
- About ten years’ of relevant curatorial experience or scholarship
- Keen interest in and strong knowledge of contemporary art practices in Singapore and Asia
- Excellent research, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English. Additional language abilities would be ideal
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues
- Interest and ability to contribute to the museum’s overall strategy and management
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Attentive to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Please send your application to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.