SAM is seeking an Assistant Manager (Digital) who will lead the development and maintenance of SAM’s website and CMS, along with its attendant activities, such as the management of SAM’s visitor database and assistance with crafting a long-form content strategy to drive organic traffic. S/He is expected to have the technical knowledge required to use and improve the CMS for the continuous optimisation of SAM’s website through SEO and other web optimisation tools and methods to increase visitor loyalty and retention. S/He will also be upkeeping a strong web presence for SAM by providing essential website maintenance, upgrading and development services in-house or through SAM’s appointed contractor. Other responsibilities include strategising to grow the museum’s email marketing database, including the development of an acquisition funnel to drive conversions and loyalty. This position will be part of the Marketing, Communications and Creatives team and will interface regularly with other departments, including IT.
- Update website content regularly via CMS by coordinating with internal content owners and designer for text and visual assets
- Address feedback about websites from members of the public or internal users by proposing, implementing and documenting solutions in a timely manner.
- Work closely with IT team and/or external vendors to ensure availability, optimal performance and security of the website
- Collaborate with SAM’s vendors to configure, troubleshoot, maintain, update and implement any website-related services
- Provide strategic guidance and advice to internal teams to effectively leverage SAM’s web properties as a key communication and customer relationship management tool
- Plan and implement the website and requisite technology needs to support our curatorial, programming and marketing needs
- Lead website enhancement and/or development projects, including requirements gathering, procurement, onboarding and management of vendors, process documentation, etc.
- Develop an effective and successful email marketing strategy
- Lead email marketing automation efforts, leveraging the museum’s CMS and CRM platforms
- Monitor, analyse and present monthly reports on email marketing analytics
- Propose A/B testing and continuous improvements to achieve KPIs
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Website Manager or Digital Project Manager with a focus on website, email marketing and/or CRM-related projects
- Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or a related qualification
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), web analytics and various paid web traffic models
- Certifications in Sitecore (or other CMS), W3C Web standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are an advantage
- Excellent project management skills and a process-focused approach to task execution
- Ability to present and communicate complex and niche technical information clearly to technical and non-technical staff, including senior management
- Excellent teamwork and process/change management skills, to handle both small- and large-scale digital projects independently or with a cross-functional team
- Ability to write interesting and engaging copy for website and email marketing is a bonus
Perform General Webmaster Duties
Advise and Lead on Web-related Matters
Lead on Email Marketing
Please send your application to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.