The Singapore Art Museum (SAM) advocates and presents contemporary art practices of Singapore and the Southeast Asian region.
Through the Museum's exhibition programmes as well as its education and public programmes which cover a diversity of art trends and practices, fringe activities and public lectures, SAM promotes awareness and appreciation of contemporary art and encourages the growth of an active and stimulating cultural environment in Singapore.
Today, SAM is a place where the public can directly experience the diversity of contemporary art practices ranging from painting and sculpture, to installation, film & video, photography, new media, performance art and sound art; experience the work and ideas of living artists of Southeast Asia; and relate to the region's unique aesthetic and social contexts.
The Senior Curator will:
- work closely with the Director and the Curatorial team to research, develop and organise Southeast Asian contemporary art exhibitions and publication projects
- contribute texts to both exhibition and publication projects, and project-manage international touring and collaborative projects for the Museum
- be responsible for proposing artwork acquisitions for the Museum’s permanent collection, as well as working with artists to commission new works for exhibitions
- A good Master degree/honours degree, with a background in art history preferred.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills are essential
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience and demonstrate knowledge of contemporary art in Singapore and the Southeast Asian region
- A keen sensitivity to the cultural and historical contexts of the region is required, and fluency in a Southeast Asian language is ideal
- Ability to develop cross-disciplinary programming is a strength
- Candidates who possess at least 3 years of experience in managing a team of curators will be an added advantage
Please send your application to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.