The Singapore Art Museum is seeking a Senior Executive to join its Curatorial & Collections team. This self-motivated individual with an interest in contemporary art and a keen attention to detail will largely be responsible for creating and maintaining records and documents related to the Museum's collection of contemporary art. A good sense of teamwork is necessary as the Senior Executive will work closely with the SAM curatorial team as well as the Heritage Conservation Centre, to assist in the acquisition, delivery, receipt and care of artworks in the Museum's collection.
The Senior Executive (Curatorial & Collections) works closely with the SAM curatorial team and external partners such as the Heritage Conservation Centre to support the smooth and efficient running of collections-related processes. The ideal candidate should be meticulous and detail-oriented, as this role involves the creation, organisation and maintenance of orderly forms, legal documents, files and databases.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Administration of artwork acquisition workflow and related procedures, including:
- preparation of acquisition documents
- liaising with external parties on logistical matters (such as freight / transport of artworks)
- arranging delivery of artworks and receiving them at HCC
- financial payments
- ensuring compliance with documentation requirements
- maintain orderly records of all acquisitions and related expenses / payments for budget tracking purposes
- Tabulation of statistics for institutional reporting requirements.
- Perform data entry, scanning of images and organization of collections information as well as other tasks assigned related to collections administration.
- Provide administrative assistance and support for SAM Acquisition Committee Meetings.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with public and institution(s) on Collection artwork image requests, including cross-checking copyright and obtaining approval for image release.
- Assist with periodic stocktaking exercise of the collection (in HCC and at SAM).
- Coordinate meetings relating to the National Collection and record notes/minutes of meetings.
- Undertake other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree holder with minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English – including strong grammar skills – are required. An ability to communicate in a second language (e.g. Chinese or Malay or Tamil/Hindi) will be an added advantage
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsible and self-motivated individual with interest in contemporary art
- Superb attention and keen attention to detail for creating and maintaining records and documents
- Strong time-management and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication & customer-oriented skills with ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Enjoy teamwork and supporting collaborative projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and administration
- Experience with databases and mailing lists
- A background in the arts, media studies or relevant field will be an advantage
Please send your application to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.