We collect personal information from visitors to this website when you request certain services (such as the Email Newsletter and Advanced Programme Booking) through the use of online forms and every time you email us your details.
We collect the additional information automatically each time you visit our website. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store aggregated tracking data when users interact with the Singapore Art Museum website as follows:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address from which you access our Website;
- The country destination i.e. Singapore or overseas, that you access our site from
- The date and time you access our site;
- The amount of time spent on our site;
- The pages, files and documents you visit;
- The files, documents or images that you download
- We use the aggregated tracking data to help us make our site more useful to visitors - to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the pages our visitors browse. We use this information to improve our sites.
Use of personal information
We do not capture personal information about visitors to our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us. Personal information will not be disclosed or used for purposes other than those specified without your consent, except as authorized by law.
We process personal information collected via this website exclusively for the purposes of providing and personalising our services; dealing with inquiries and requests; maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource; carrying out market research campaigns; and providing you with updates about exhibitions, programmes and special offers.
The Museum has created security guidelines to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected from our Website. Access to personally identifiable information is only provided to authorised SAM administrators via a password.