- Research and contribute to scholarship on present-day contemporary art globally, with a focus on practices in Singapore, Southeast Asia and Asia.
- Develop areas of research specialisation to support institutional policies and goals on exhibition programming, collection development and publications.
- Curate exhibitions and artwork commissions, develop collaborative and cross-disciplinary projects.
- Undertake and develop exhibitions and projects including conceptualisation, negotiations with external institutions and artists, and co-ordination of general exhibition matters.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the field through sharing of knowledge at conferences, talks and publications.
- Work with other museum colleagues in presenting programmes such as lectures, talks and training sessions, as well as providing content for collaterals such as website and publicity materials.
- Build professional networks with contemporary artists, cultural communities and creative partners.
- Manage, supervise and administer projects, processes and procedures under his/her responsibility.
- Handle ad hoc assignments as and when required.
- A graduate or post-graduate degree in contemporary art, art history, visual cultures or related fields
- About five years’ of relevant experience in curatorial and technology-related art projects
- Familiarity with history and practices of media and technology in art; Understanding or experience in systems prototyping, compatibility, interoperability and integration issues, user interface design
- Keen interest in and strong knowledge of contemporary art practices in Singapore and Asia
- Excellent research, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English. Additional language abilities would be ideal
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Attentive to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Please send your application to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.